Saturday, January 1, 2011

Legs and Back

If there is one workout that I absolutely do not like, and I'm not completely certain why, it would be legs & back.  I would have thought I liked it, because Plyo is my favorite (lots of leg work), and I enjoy the improvements I get on my back on chest & back and back & biceps days.

I've noticed that I can't do wall squats very long like I used to be able to back in gym class and it's fairly frustrating.  Because of this I think I'll be forcing myself to like the workout a little more, to work on some improvement-a new goal and motivation to keep moving forward.  I think the large amount of lunges bothers me the most, because I'm constantly afraid of blowing a knee out (my kneecaps have a tendency to slide sideways on me, a lot).  Lunges are sometimes sketchy in form when your legs are getting shaky and tired, and that's when you have to be careful to avoid injury.

I'm hoping that on Monday I'll be fully incorporating P90X Plus into the program, and I'm gonna get a headstart look at the videos to get an idea of what I'm in for... I've already seen small clips of the abs/core plus DVD and the banana cherry bomb exercise looks pretty intense.  I wanna see how sore my upper body should expect to be the following day =p.

A final note, my sister told me that the Chili recipe in the P90X book is a really easy to make and freeze meal.  She was correct, and I'll be making a LOT more of it.  It's loaded with a lot of good stuff (fiber, complex carbs, protein, FLAVOR!).  For my level, 2 cups matches up to a meal for me and that's a lot, making it fairly filling too.  Time to gather up all my small containers and clean out the freezer, because I'm gonna stock up.

No comments:

Post a Comment