Thursday, January 20, 2011

A bit of an update

Had a couple of busy weeks, and my internet was out for a few days.  Fortunately, that reduced my chances of distraction and allowed me to stay on track with my fitness =)
So now before I go and do my plyometrics (and possibly back and biceps later) I have a very informative article for people who want to see more information on why watching the scale to determine fat loss isn't very effective.
http://www.leighpeele.com/water-retention-and-weight-loss-2

It appears that if you're losing fat, those fat cells will empty of fat, and fill up with water because your body is still unsure of whether or not it really needs something in there.  I really like and can relate to the 'whoosh' affect that they talk about in the article.

This is absolutely my last week of Phase II, otherwise I'm likely to plateau because I've spent almost 6 weeks in it.  When I finish P90X I might start looking into some of the Crossfit programs.

Pushing play.

No comments:

Post a Comment