Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Overtraining

In the past 6 days I've had ~7.5 hours of pretty intense workouts, and one of those days I didn't actually workout.
That being said, I need to be in tune with what my body is feeling like and trying to tell me.

I'm on edge of over-training because when I woke up this morning, my body was telling me to go back to sleep, so I slept for around 10 hours today.  Even after waking up and getting some food and a shower, I just don't feel  up to par, almost like I'm coming down with something.

I'm taking that as a sign to do a rest day, and see how I'm feeling tomorrow, and hop right back on to my routine.  In those 6 days here is what my schedule looked like:

Thursday 1/20:  Chest, Shoulders & Triceps (No time for Ab Ripper, time warner Tech showed up)

Friday 1/21:  Plyometrics - The most intense and rewarding plyo workout I've ever done, my heartrate maxed out at 205 at one point, and I was floored for about 30 seconds and I only completely skipped Mary Katherine Lunges ---- I'm scared of them after blowing my knee out once, and almost doing it again the following week.

Saturday 1/22: Back & Biceps and Ab Ripper X

Sunday 1/23:  Yoga X

Monday 1/24: Cardio X and Legs & Back

Tuesday 1/25:  Kenpo Cardio Plus and Chest Shoulders and Triceps and Ab Ripper X

Apparently I forgot I was going to switch to recovery week, I think I might start that tomorrow.  With how hard I've been pushing myself this past week, my goal is to leave the scale untouched until the end of my recovery week, and then hold off until the beginning of my next recovery week.  I'm keeping track of my nutrition through www.myfitnesspal.com after reading about it from another coach.  I might be down 15 pounds by the end of the next 5 weeks if I can keep my nutrition in line.

Pretty excited about what I'm doing for myself =).

No comments:

Post a Comment