Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Plyo... again

Plyo will always be my most complained about workout even though it's my favorite workout.  This workout makes the following day a living hell due to the likelihood of you deciding to stand up, sit down, or crouch for any reason, not to mention any travel involving stairs.

I'm still fairly sore from Sunday's workout (Chest, Shoulders, Triceps), of which my triceps are the sorest, followed by my chest.  My upcoming work schedule is a pain, so I'm taking today as a rest day and hoping to get some cardio in tomorrow along with my back and biceps (will start with this to be sure I at least stay on regular schedule).

Slightly related, after a chat with a coworker I decided to start looking at what kind of programs I'm interested in for schooling, since I've really been hoping to go back.  The university I previously went to offers a "Human Nutrition" focus in their Food Science and Nutrition degree program.  This is number 1 on my list, and following that would be Kinesiology, focusing on athletic training.  I could definitely fit a little bit of each program into my semesters (fill in empty slots, since I've done most of my general ed requirements already), but I would ultimately try to focus on nutrition and maybe after graduating look into athletic training.  This also means I've gotta go through the whole application and financial bells and whistles of love that is college, again.

In the past couple of years I've become a much more focused and goal oriented person, and I feel motivated enough to follow through with educational goals.  My distractions are fairly minimal now and I could use a change of pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment