Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Experimentation Truly Begins and Accountability

Yesterday I did my Plyometrics, felt like I did fantastic.  I'm now having more issues with my breathing/cardio than I am with my muscles giving out on me in the workouts (though they still end up like jello by the end, not gonna lie).  It appears that Plyo will be increasing my cardio performance a lot, which is good considering I have asthma that, according doctors is "exercise induced", but I haven't used my inhaler for anything except for allergy issues closing up my throat.
Something I've learned over the course of doing Plyometrics:  you feel fine after you get some food and energy in you, you feel fine when you wake up in the morning, but at about the 16 hour mark after you finished your workout your leg muscles tighten up and you whine like a baby every time you approach stairs.  However, I did Ab Ripper X last night after plyo with some excellent improvements, and I don't feel sore today.  This means I'll be ready to bring it come yoga day tomorrow.

Today is my first attempt at my double-resistance day, and I've already learned that there is no way in hell I can do both workouts within the same 6 hours.  Therefore I'm going to be working on my time management to allow for time to do a workout in the morning, and then the other after I get out of work, or later in the evening.

Shoulders and Arms was todays first workout and it is by far my favorite, I always feel a good burn and find improvements almost every time I do it, something about curling 30lbs when you're biceps are dead from earlier just feels good.  Tonight when I get out of work, I'm hoping I have the motivation and energy to do Chest and Back as well.
I'm absolutely loving the fact I can now see my arms toning up nicely, and I can feel the firmness I've attained from doing the program when running my hand across my arm.

As for food intake and my current change in workout routine, on resistance days I need a lot of carbs and a lot of protein to keep hunger at bay and energy high, so I've opted into some basic beans and hotdogs.  I understand that the sodium content is very high, but water retention is temporary and will basically only be a problem for a day or so following the resistance workouts, and will be cured with plenty of hydration.

No comments:

Post a Comment